It’s hard to believe it’s time to begin thinking about what to do for Valentine’s Day. I have a wonderful idea, that requires a little planning and a bit of patience to execute, to share with you today. This project will take and hour to prepare and 24 hours to complete.
Dew Drops, I particularly love how the mix of black white and red came out
Prima extra fine glitter
Heart shaped mold – I selected one from Wilton brand
Plastic cups with graded measurements 8oz disposable plastic cups for paint and epoxy mixing
Wooden mixing sticks
Art n’ Glow Clear Casting and Coating Epoxy Resin – 16 ounce kit
Reynolds non-stick foil
Torch or heat gun
1. Prepare everything you need on your work table. I recommend covering your table with butcher paper in case of spills. The epoxy hardens everywhere!
2. In separate cups put equal amounts of epoxy resin and hardener. I used six ounces of each.
3. Mix resin and hardener as directed with a wooden mixing stick in a third plastic cup. Once the resin is thoroughly mixed you will have about 40 minutes to work with it before it begins hardening.
4. Pour resin mixture into prepared forms
5. Add dew drops in your favorite color and add glitter as desired.
6. Heat with torch or heat gun to remove bubbles
7. Cover with foil and leave to dry in a flat place for 24 hours, this allows the resin to cure and harden. After 24 hours you can unmold your hearts! If you wish you can add rub ons on the back in your favorite words, or just keep them plain and display them!
Hope you have a great time making this little token of Valentine love!