Lori here, with a new project for you. I have been doing a lot of collage with reuse and recycled materials lately and thought I would showcase this technique in my post today, with the addition of dew drop embellishments, of course.
Collage is an economical way to create terrific art work. Scraps of this and that can be brought together to create layers of color and texture. Anything goes, really! Scraps of fabric, paper, mesh, playing cards, and other ephemera are all good materials to use. Step by steps are shown below.
The Robins Nest:
- Lost Coast Design Stamps – Little Diamond Background, ATC Misc. Set 6
- DecoArt – White Gesso, DuraClear Matte Varnish
- Tsukineko ink – StazOn Pigment, Piano Black
- Beacon – 3-IN-1 Advanced Craft Glue
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology – Small Talk Stickers
- Collage Materials
1) Prep a 6″ x 6″ art journal by cutting an old record sleeve into 6″ x 6″ panels. Whole punch one side of each panel so that you can bind them with book rings. Cover both sides of each panel with white gesso.
I hope you have enjoyed this project and will give collage a try. If you haven’t been saving scraps of paper, fabric etc… materials like these can be found at 2nd hand shops or at local creative reuse centers.