If you need to create faux rain drops, go grab your Tear Drops. They will make the perfect accent for your Spring-time projects. What do you do when you don’t have nice fancy shoes to wear with your pretty dress? Well if you’re my niece, you grab your brightest little rain boots. I created this layout totally around her cute rain boots. (Apparently, for a couple of weeks these were the only shoes she would agree to wear and would even wear them in the house!)
1. Trim off 1/2″ off 2 sides of a piece of pattern 12×12″ paper. Next, adhere it to a solid sheet of 12×12″ leaving a 1/4″ narrow frame. Add decorative border strips to the top & bottom edge.
2. Matte 2 photos with coordinating color and adhere them to the layout at the extreme edge. Select a 3×4″ pocket card with a appropriate sentiment and adhere it between the photos.
Before gluing the layout together, use a pencil to lightly mark an outline of the main components to designate which sections of paper can be removed with a craft knife. Simply stage the layout and take a photo of the placement of all the elements so you can reassemble it easily without frustration.
4. Use a white gel pen to add subtle details to the die cut umbrella and clouds. Finally, add various tones of blue tear drops to appear as the raindrops.
- 2 photos (4×6″)
- patterned paper
- embellishments- owl, umbrella, border strips, sentiment
- tools- liquid adhesive / craft knife / white gel pen
If you would like to see more of Karen’s fun projects, stop by her blog Art & Soul.