Happy Saturday! Victoria here. I am back with another wonderful Dew Drops Canvas and a notebook with a yoga theme. This was such a relaxing project to do and I have a useful notebook to gift to a friend.
Here are the products you need for this project:
Dew Drops Canvas in Artsy Namaste
A composition book
Echo Park Paper from the Little Girl Collection Kit (Lilac strip)
Jacquard Lumiere Paints in Pewter, Halo Blue Gold, and Halo Violet Gold
Tim Holtz Stencil
Prima Chalk in Branch Bark
5/8 inch Grosgrain Ribbon – ivory and gold chevron
Liquid Adhesive – Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Prepare the composition book by adhering paper to the front and back, inking the outer edges with branch bark chalk ink.
- Prepare the canvas. I stenciled along the left side beginning with the Halo Violet Gold and working down with the Halo Blue Gold doing transitions by mixing the two colors. Toward the bottom I mixed Halo Blue Gold with Pewter to darken it. Let this paint dry thoroughly. Overnight is best.
- Adhere Drops with Liquid Adhesive. I found a Chakra Chart on line and followed that generally for the color placement, using a rainbow of Dew Drops colors. (You really need them all). This was such a relaxing project. I use a wax tipped nail tool to pick up and place the Dew Drops. It makes it so easy and placement is exact. It’s just like coloring a lovely picture.
- Let your canvas dry thoroughly.
- Adhere the canvas using liquid adhesive to the front of the composition notebook covered with paper and let dry.
- As a final touch, I added the grosgrain ribbon with long tails so that the composition book can be neatly tied closed. I used liquid adhesive here too. You could also add a tie using eyelets and ribbon for a longer lasting book.
- All done! Give it a try and let us know what you think!