Happy 4th of July! Happy Birthday United States of America. Today we are going to make faux marquee letters and use them on a birthday card using fabulous strong yellow mini dew drops from the bubble collection! You absolutely will love how simple and on trend this card is.
Wooden letters b, i (or an exclamation point), and g
Silver metallic acrylic paint (I used Delta Ceramcoat in metallic silver gleams
Mini Dew Drops – strong yellow
1 – 8 inch x 8 inch piece of paper from Echo Park
Scallop punch – mine is from Martha Stewart
Typewriter letter rub ons
Kaiserkraft ephemera – camera
1. Paint your wooden letters and let dry thoroughly.
2. Add the yellow Dew Drops using a liquid adhesive
3. Let dry.
4. Cut the paper to 8 inches by 6 inches.
5. Score at 3 inches or the center of the six inch side.
7. Cut a 1 and 1/4 inch strip from the remaining paper (two sided design) and punch with the scallop punch. Adhere slightly above the edge of the paper.
8. Rub on the word birthday
9. Adhere the marquee letters.
10. Adhere the ephemera and that’s it!
If you would like a video of this card to see how it’s all done, check out my You Tube Channel, search for Victoria Warren Mears!