Welcome back to the Blog! I hope you are enjoying your summer. These guys! My grandsons, bring me so much JOY. This scrapbook page is a 12×12 layout of them playing at a nearby playground.
There’s a lot going on here, but I’ll give you some shortcuts and tips.
Robin’s Nest Dew Drops (red and teal)
Computer and printer
12 x 12 background paper (Colorbok)
Natural colored Tag (3×5″)
Red Marker – IMPRESS Dual Marker #4 Poppy Red
Red Pepper dye ink pad – Adirondack (Ranger Ink)
Skeleton leaves (green)
Red glitter glue (Stickles by Ranger Ink)
Cutting tools and adhesives
1. TITLE: Using a simple office program, (I use LibreOffice) select the “draw” option (verses writer or spreadsheet option) and create a digital Title. Format your document to 12×12 size and insert TEXT BLOCKS and arrange them. There are four text blocks:
a. “FUN” uses Impact (font) at 150 pt, bold with a drop shadow.
b. “@” is Arial Black (font) at 48 pt, bold. Although you can type in the heart shapes, I couldn’t get it centered where I wanted it.
c. “the” is Liberation Sans (font) 48 pt, bold.
d. “Playground” is Agreloy (font) 88 pt, not bold.
e. The tool bar on the left has options for shapes, find the heart shape, create 2 approximately
1 1/2″ square. Change the “area” color to red, if that’s not your default. The second heart with “the” inside it is rotated 45 degrees. Find this under “Position and Size” when you right click the image, then select “rotate”.
*YOU CAN SKIP ALL THAT! You’re welcome to use this image for your title, if you’d like to create this layout.
2. Print your title onto the background paper.
3. Because I selected a colored background paper and really wanted the hearts to POP, I printed the title again on photo paper, cut them out and placed over the hearts printed on the background. Bright white card stock will work just fine, too. I used the red marker around the edges so no white of the paper would show.
4. Print photos and matte them on aqua card stock.
5. Adhere the matted photos to the background paper. The first photo only has adhesive on 3 sides, so I could tuck the tag behind it with journaling, names and dates.
6. Ink the edges of your tag, attach the red ribbon and journal to your hearts’ content.
7. Adhere the skeleton leaves to the left of the title. (I used Craft Bond, spray adhesive). Embellish with three aqua Dew Drops.
8. Draw flourishes onto the background paper, lightly with pencil. Use a liquid adhesive to adhere Dew Drops along your guidelines. Accent a few curves with red glitter glue. Let dry completely.
I hope you give it a try! I enjoy printing my scrapbook page titles directly onto the background paper. You always get the font and color you want. I don’t have good luck with alphabet collections. (smile) Printed titles can always be embellished, too!
With all of the fabulous Dew Drops colors available, you can really make this project your own creation. I selected red, because of the red in the photos.
Thanks for stopping by!