Hello Crafty Ladies,
Make your own unique Disney inspired embellishments with Black Dew Drops. Two small round above a large Dew Drop is a simple way to make the iconic Mickey/Minnie Mouse silhouette that is instantly recognizable. This is an economical way to add Disney charm to your layouts without the expense of buying costly stickers or die cut embellishments.
1. Adhere a piece of scalloped edge white card stock to a piece of black 12×12″ card stock.
TIP: You may notice that I removed a large bit of paper from the center of the scalloped sheet. It happened to be a double sided paper with a pretty pattern and since that area would be covered up, I could remove it and stretch my supplies further. Next, I carefully marked the area lightly with a pencil which could be removed. Then I used a craft knife to rescue that section of paper for use in a future project.
3. Crop the photos and then matte the main focal photo with coordinating card stock. Attach the two photos clustered together near the right lower edge.
4. Carefully trim around, the remaining head-shots. Adhere them to the layout. By tucking them behind other photos, it appears that the subject is peeking out.
To prevent undue frustration, avoid profiles and those photos with intricate strands of hair.
My subject was wearing a hood which made it an ideal choice since there was no detailed hair
or delicate ears to carefully trim around.
6. Attach some black Dew Drops to a sheet of glue dots. Assemble the tiny mouse silhouette using 1 large round and 2 small round Dew Drops. Adhere them to the layout randomly at slight varying angles to create a confetti like appearance.
TIP: To avoid disappointment, practice the placement of the Dew Drops before applying the glue dots. Also, take a photo of the layout so that you can refer to it when gluing the Dew Drops into the mouse head formation.
7. Add 3 additional medium circle embellishments to complete the layout.
black glitter card stock, circle punch, chipboard alphabet
stop by her blog Art & Soul.