It’s Karen here today… to share how I embellished a frame for a little boy’s scrapbook layout. I created the frame using Black Diamond Dew Drops placed in a row to highlight the featured pocket card. I used Silver Dew Drops as faux brads so they appear to be attaching the ribbon flags and also to embellish the little car’s hubcaps. Let’s take a look!
black embossing powder, heat gun, rubber stamps (car theme)
3. Stamp and heat emboss some car themed embellishments with black embossing powder.
4. Select a 4×5″ pocket card and adhere the stamped edge to the top and bottom edge of the frame. Next, adhere black diamond Dew Drops in a line to form the edges of the frame.
5. Arrange the photos and pocket card in an overlapping cluster and adhere.
6. Cut 3 strips of ribbon and cut a notch out of one end to create a flag. Attach a cluster of 3 flags to the central photo. Carefully fussy cut some individual bricks and the stamped car image and adhere.
7. Attach the bricks randomly on the background to create realistic dimension.
8. For the finishing touch, add Silver Dew Drops to appear as faux brads securing the ribbon flags, as well as, embellishing the little car’s hubcaps and along the top edge of the frame of the pocket card.