Hello and welcome! Shelly with you today sharing how to create an easy and fun craft table for a kid’s party!
- Flat wood ornaments (Amazon)
- Twine for hanging
- Paint (to make a base color)
- Dew Drops of all shapes/sizes
- Die Cuts
- Colored Markers
- Clear Drying Glue (buy 1oz bottles from Dollar Store – 1 bottle for every 2-3 kids!)
- Cheap Paper Plates
- Cup Cake Liners
- Clear Treat Bags
- Pom Poms
- Glitter Glue
- Flat wood ornaments purchased from Amazon were given a base color of pink or white.
- The birthday party had a Barbie theme – so I wanted to incorporate a Barbie themed Christmas ornament and created some custom Barbie die cuts to use
- Wood ornaments were then put into clear treat bags (1 each of pink / white) along with two tied loops of twine for hanging.
- *designer’s note – the clear treat bag made it easy to distribute ornament “kit” and gave the kids a bag to tote their finished ornaments home.
- A six foot table covered with a plastic table cloth accommodated 12 crafters – no chairs – keep them standing and focused!
- I placed 6 paper plates on each side of table with the ornament kit bags.
- I then poured different colors and shapes of Dew Drops into cupcake liners and placed a Dew Drop filled cupcake liner on each plate.
- Additional cupcake liners with sequins and buttons were placed in the center of the table
- LET THE KIDS GO WILD!
- There is no wrong or right – let them do as little or as much as they want
- and let them be as messy as they want – ART IS MESSY!
and don’t be afraid to be part of the party!