Did you know there are 35 Dew Drop Art Canvases that can be found in the shop in a variety of sizes?
I am using the Dew Cake a stylized birthday cake for my card topper today. It is super relaxing to decorate the canvas and you’ll love how they can be personalized to your style and your recipient’s style using colorful dew drops in a variety of shapes and sizes.
So for my sunny birthday cake, I used the following ingredients (no pun intended):
Dew Cake Canvas
Acrylic Paints in Orange, Neon Yellow and Watermelon from Arteza
Natural Sea Sponge to paint
Pitt Pen by Faber Castel
Dew Drops in Pink and Clear – lots of sizes and shapes here.
1. Mask the cake with a piece of paper
2. Roll selected paint colors onto your gel plate and make a print on your canvas
3. Refresh the cake outlines and border outlines by going over them with a Pitt pen.
4. Add sponge painting after removing the mask to suit your look
5. Cover with Drops, I adhered mine with glossy accents and capitalized on the white canvas to use Glossy Accents to simulate shiny frosting!
6. Let dry and make any touch ups.
7. Cut to the size you would like for your card.
8. Mount on to a card and you’ve got a great, personalized card that is handmade by you! You could stop here or add border embellishments as I did on the final card. I also wanted to show you that to keep the canvas flat on the card with liquid adhesive, you should clamp to dry.
Thanks for joining me on this fun project! See you again on the first Saturday in March!