Happy Saturday! Let’s create a mixed media tag using just a few items that I had on hand.
#5 Manila tag
Brusho Colours – I used turquois, scarlet, ultramarine, and purple
Mini water spritzer
Shimmerz Dazzlerz in Foiled Again
Stencil with various size circles
Dew Drops in lovely shades of blue (You need to get your favorite colors in a variety of shapes)
Tim Holtz Ideology Paper Dolls
A pen and straight edge
Rub on sentiment
Liquid adhesive and dimensional tape
1. Spritz your manila tag with water and sprinkle with your desired colours of Brusho watercolour crystals. Let dry.
2. Add dimensional texture paste (dazzlerz) through the stencil in the upper left corner and on the right side. Let dry completely.
3. Add the rub on. Notice if you look closely there was a tiny problem with adherence of the letters in two tiny spots. I filled that in with a black pen. Shhhhh! Don’t tell.
4. Add the paper dolls with dimensional tape.
6. Adhere dew drops as is pleasing to you for accents with liquid adhesive. Let dry and share your photo with us on our Facebook page!
Wooden Birdhouse – I used a small $1.00 size, but this could be made much bigger
Acrylic paint – pink and off white
Elmer’s School Glue
Dew Drops in Light Blue, Blue and Light Purple Dew Drops Tear Drops (they look pink on the paint)
Vintage Lily of the Valley
Sheer Fuchsia Ribbon – 1 yard
First paint the birdhouse. Paint with the base color. I used pink (Hydrangea Pink). Let the base coat dry. Paint the entire house with Elmer’s School Glue and allow to dry until the surface is tacky. Lightly paint over the glue with the off white paint (Antique White). When it dries you have instant crackle paint. Of course you could do this with you favorite crackle paint. If you intend to use your birdhouse outside, you will need to finish your base surface to “weather proof it”.
|Hope you are all having a blessed New Year and I’ll be back with some Valentine’s Day ideas on the 18th.|
With my best wishes ~ Victoria
It’s Karen here to share a little Christmas inspiration. This is a great card to make for that last minute function because it is super quick. CAS is best if you plan to give handmade cards for the holiday season and have a long list of family and friends. This is a good design to mass produce efficiently and requires relatively few supplies. Let’s get stamping!
1. Use black ink to stamp a random collage of swirls & flourishes onto a white card base. Make sure to rotate the stamp and overlap the edges with the design. If you plan to include a sentiment, make sure you leave some empty space for it.
3. Next, plan the placement of the Tear Drops (aka light bulbs) evenly spaced along different sides of the swirls. This is a temporarily step for placement only so no glue is used at this time. When you are satisfied with their positions, mark each light socket lightly with a pencil. Next, carefully remove the Tear Drops and use a fine tip black marker to draw a small rectangular socket where you left each pencil mark. Sketch them extending on one side of the wire only. Also, tilt them and vary the angle of the sockets for a more realistic appearance.
4. Add Tear Drops in primary colors to the sockets with liquid adhesive. To finish off, draw plugs at the ends of the strings of lights.
(TIP: Attach some Tear Drops away from the flourish to appear as loose spare bulbs. Use a silver gel pen to draw the metal base of the light bulb.)
fine tip black marker