Today I will show you how to make a card for First Communion.
Karen here, today to share a really useful technique to use to embellish a CAS card. Although, the stamped rose design with the ribbon is very pretty by itself, adding a magical cluster of bubbles (aka Dew Drops) floating down over the rose garden adds a charming element to an otherwise ordinary design. Use various sizes and colors of Dew Drops to add maximum impact and create added depth. Let me show you!
1. Use black ink to stamp an image of roses across the lower portion of a white card base. Place a piece of junk paper to mask off and protect the lower 2″ edge from the stamped design.
2. Carefully, align the image; continue inking and stamping until you complete the row.
3. Use a water-brush to paint the flowers and leaves using Distress Oxide Ink. Begin coloring where the darkest part of the petal is and continue to blend creating lighter shades. Set aside to dry.
4. Open the card flat and use a craft knife to slice a 3/4″ opening in the crease of the card about 2″ from the bottom.
5. Cut a 14″ length of organza ribbon to coordinate with your card. Carefully, slide the end of the ribbon through the slice and pull the ends to the front of the card. Tie a faux knot style bow and trim the ends. Gently slide the ribbon until you are pleased with the placement of the bow and secure it with a glue dot under the knot.
5. Add a random scattering of Dew Drops diagonally across the card. Use a variety of sizes and colors/shades to create movement and interest.
stop by her blog Art & Soul.
Hi Gals, Karen with you today to share how I made cute little bugs with Dew Drops. These little bugs can make any cute spring project even cuter. A few lines or dots can transform a plain tear drop into a bee or a ladybug. Grab your black permanent marker and get ready to add some simple details. Check out my garden for some other creepy critters too. Let’s get buzzy!
Red Tear Drops
Olive Mini Dew Drops
1. Use black ink to stamp a row of flowers along the lower edge of white card stock. Color the flowers as desired.
2. Trim and adhere to green glitter card stock leaving a narrow border and then attach to a card base.
3. Adhere an appropriate sentiment to the upper right corner.
4. Create a bee: Use a permanent black marker to add stripes to a yellow tear drop. Add 2 clear tear drops to create wings and 1 black round dew drop to create the head. Adhere them with clear drying liquid adhesive. (TIP: Rotate the bee’s body to make bees facing both left & right)
5. Create a ladybug: Use a permanent black marker to add spots to 2 red tear drops. Attach them and add a single black dew drop for the head.
6. Adhere a row of small green dew drops to create a crawling caterpillar. To create a spider, adhere 2 black dew drops to create the spider’s body. Finally, use a thin tip black marker to draw antenna, eyes, or feet as needed on the background paper.
daisy stamp / black ink pad
markers / colored pencils / watercolor paint / paint brush
thin tip permanent black marker
green glitter card stock & card base (6×6″)
Come back soon!
Karen here…to share a super quick card by embellishing a die cut with Dew Drops. This floral card is suitable for many occasions depending on the sentiment you add. You could produce an assembly line of this basic design and just vary the background paper and colors. A set of these would make a lovely gift for a friend. Don’t forget to share your projects with us on the The Crafty Nest Facebook Page.
1. Die cut a floral design onto white pearl card stock.
2. Apply glue to the delicate parts of the design. Adhere the die cut to blue ombre paper. Trim the excess overhanging ombre paper. Attach the matted floral design onto a teal card base. (TIP: I did not apply glue to some of the leaves in order to bend them slightly for added dimension.)
4. Next, place each gem onto a dot of glue. I used various sizes of gems, as well as, different shades of blue to create depth and add interest. Repeat the process until you are satisfied you have embellished enough areas of the design. Set aside to dry.
- floral background metal die
- die cutting machine
- white pearl card stock
- ombre blue paper
- teal card base
- liquid adhesive
If you would like to see more of Karen’s unique projects, stop by her blog Art & Soul.
Karen here to share how to make a spectacular heart embellishment. Here is a quick and easy romantic card just in time for Valentine’s Day. Grab your favorite color of Diamond Dew Drops and let’s get going.
Whether for Valentine’s Day, an anniversary, or just because, this is a lovely design to let someone know they are in your heart.
1. Align diamond dew drops to form a heart shape. When you are happy with the size and shape, attach the diamond dew drops onto scrap paper with liquid glue. After thoroughly dry, cut out the heart embellishment.
(TIP: Attaching the dew drops to scrap paper rather than directly to the project reduces stress and the frustration of possibly gluing the design off center or slightly crooked. This method allows you to create an embellishment that you can then attach to any type of paper-craft project with perfect placement.)
2. Apply pattern scrapbook paper to a square card base. Adhere a strip of lace vertically across the center of the card.
3. Attach a doily embellishment to the middle of the card.
4. Finally, adhere the diamond dew drop heart to the center of the card.
Come back soon!
If you would like to see more of Karen’s projects, stop by her blog, Art & Soul.