Hello, I hope you are keeping safe and making use of your time at home. To help keep you busy I have a cute tutorial for you using Dew Drops of course!
You need a few supplies:
- Dew Drops
- a tag
- Distress Oxide – Worn Lipstick
- spray bottle with water
- butterfly embellishments
- embellishment glue
- black ink pad and sponge applicator
Lori here, with a quick and easy mixed media project using a wood banner plaque, metallic paint and (of course) Dew Drops. I love the way Dew Drops instantly add another layer of dimension to my mixed media projects! Check out the Quick Tips Mixed Media Video below for the step by steps!
The Robins Nest Supplies:
Wood Banner Plaque
TCW Light & Fluffy Modeling Paste
Stampers Anonymous – Tim Holtz Collection Stencil, THMS075
DecoArt Black Gesso
DecoArt Dazzling Metallics – Festive Green, Amethyst, Purple Pearl, Ice Blue
DecoArt DuraClear Galaxy Varnish
Beacon – 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue
Quick Tips Mixed Media Video
I hope you enjoyed this Quick Tips Mixed Media demo and will try using Dew Drops (for that added dimension) on your next mixed media project.
A Company(s) that I am affiliated with or Design for may have provided me with product to create this project. The opinions I share are solely my own.
Hello, welcome to another tutorial. Today I am sharing with you a simple yet gorgeous tag embellished with Dew Drops
The supplies I used are:
- Dew Drops – Ace of Diamonds
- Distress oxide in peeled paint, walnut stain, and Broken China
- black pigment ink
- black pigment powder
- embellishment adhesive
- rubber stamp
- blank tag
- craft mat
- spray bottle with water
- heat gun
Spring is in the air and I am so looking forward to warmer weather, how about you? That is what inspired me to create the project below; a Mini Mixed Media canvas full of color, texture, and embellished with bright yellow Dew Drops. I hope that this cheery canvas will truly brighten your day.
- DecoARt White Gesso
- DecoArt DuraClear Matte Varnish
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic
- Tsukineko StazOn Pigment Ink – Piano Black
- 4″ x 4″ Flat Panel Canvas
- Beacon 3-in-1 Craft Glue
- The Crafter’s Workshop Modeling Paste
- Lori’s Cards & Creations – Skethy Rose Stamp
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology – Collage Paper
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology – Small Talk Stickers
- Stampers Anonymous, Tim Holtz Collection Stencil
- Faber Castelle Artist Pitt Pens
Happy Saturday! Let’s create a mixed media tag using just a few items that I had on hand.
#5 Manila tag
Brusho Colours – I used turquois, scarlet, ultramarine, and purple
Mini water spritzer
Shimmerz Dazzlerz in Foiled Again
Stencil with various size circles
Dew Drops in lovely shades of blue (You need to get your favorite colors in a variety of shapes)
Tim Holtz Ideology Paper Dolls
A pen and straight edge
Rub on sentiment
Liquid adhesive and dimensional tape
1. Spritz your manila tag with water and sprinkle with your desired colours of Brusho watercolour crystals. Let dry.
2. Add dimensional texture paste (dazzlerz) through the stencil in the upper left corner and on the right side. Let dry completely.
3. Add the rub on. Notice if you look closely there was a tiny problem with adherence of the letters in two tiny spots. I filled that in with a black pen. Shhhhh! Don’t tell.
4. Add the paper dolls with dimensional tape.
6. Adhere dew drops as is pleasing to you for accents with liquid adhesive. Let dry and share your photo with us on our Facebook page!
Welcome to another blogpost! Today I am sharing with you a coaster I made with Dew Drops and Resin. Of course I used a few other embellishments to bring to all together.
- Water Dew Drops
- Silicone Mold
- Starfish embellishment
- Gold glitter
Happy Saturday! I am happy to show you how make this mixed media paint brush featuring dew drops.
Here are the ingredients you will use:
- Paint brush of your choice
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Clear Gesso
- White Acrylic Paint
- Delta Metallic Gleams – Metallic Bronze
- Plaid Enterprises Liquid Leaf – Florentine Gold
- Art Alchemy Waxes – Opal Magic and Rose Gold
- Tim Holtz Stencil
- Texturez Dimensional Paste Gold
- Sandra Evertson Cathedral Window
- Dew Drops in black and white (diamonds, dew drops, and tear drops)
- White Thick Cotton Twine
4. I painted the brush after the dimensional paste dried, with the metallic bronze gleams. Once that is dryBegin embellishing! Sorry for the super messy photo normally I would not even show you this state of work! Messy messy crafter!